The Wixom Public Library has one Meeting Room with a maximum capacity of 30 people. It contains six flip-top tables and 30 chairs, and features blackout shades, a drop-down screen and ceiling-mounted projector for presentations.
- Any person, group or organization may use the Meeting Room for educational, civic and cultural events.
- The Meeting Room is only available during the Library’s public service hours.
- The Meeting Room may be reserved up to 2 months in advance.
- A request for usage of the Meeting Room must be made at least one week in advance.
General Guidelines for Use
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- Charging for admission is not allowed. No solicitation, fundraising, raffles or financial transactions are allowed. The sale of goods or services is prohibited.
- The Meeting Room is not available for private events or parties.
- Meeting Room use shall not be publicized in such a way to imply sponsorship by, or affiliation with, the Library sponsorship.
- No Refreshments are allowed in the Meeting Room.
- Attendees at group meetings must comply with the Library’s policies, including but not limited to the Patron Behavior Policy. Users making excessive noise that disrupts normal Library functions or other patrons’ use of the Library may be asked to leave. This includes conducting the meeting or any part of the meeting outside of the Meeting Room.
- NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (non-profit corporation, government entity, or other organization that has the primary purpose of supporting the cultural, educational and informational needs and interests of the community) are charged $20 for each scheduled use of the Meeting Room up to four hours. Each additional hour after four hours is $5 per hour.
- All other groups that do not meet the definition of non-profit organization or residential group are charged $50 for each scheduled use of the Meeting Room up to four hours. Each additional hour after four hours is $10 per hour.
- Fees must be received at least one week prior to the reservation date.
Please carefully read the Meeting Room Policy, linked below for a more detailed listing of guidelines. Fill out and return the Application to the Information Desk if you are interested in reserving the Meeting Room. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com. A librarian will contact you to confirm the reservation. Room reservations are based on availability.