The Wixom Public Library offers 15 computers which provide access to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Acrobat Reader, GIMP (photo editing program) and Microsoft Office 2007. We also have 1 black & white printer. Printing is .10 cents a page. Printing funds can be added to library cards at the Information or Circulation Desks.
What do I need to use the computers?
- To get the maximum benefit, you should have a library card and your personal identification number (PIN).
- There are two defaults to try if you don’t know your PIN: 1234 or changeme. If these do not work, ask at the Information Desk. Do not use spaces when you enter the library card number.
- Guest passes are available for those who do not qualify for a library card. ID is required.
- Card holders with fines or fees in excess of $15 are blocked from using the computers.
How do I log onto the computer?
- Enter your library card number and PIN. Click [OK]. Accept the Library Computer Use Policy.
What is the Personal Session Manager?
- A clock will show your remaining time and an inactivity warning will display if the computer has been idle for too long.
- There is a Timeout Warning before your session ends. If you need to refresh your time, please ask at the Information Desk.
- Click the [Minimize] button to move the Personal Session Manager to the taskbar.
- Always click on [End Session] when finished.
The Wixom Public Library offers separate children’s computers for those aged 12 and under. The Children’s area contains three filtered internet computers, two Early Literacy Stations, and one Children’s games computer.
- Parents/guardians of minor are advised that they must assume responsibility for, and any restriction of, their children’s use of the Internet through the Library connection.
- Library staff may be able to offer starting suggestions or search tips, but cannot act in place of or in absence of the parent.
- Parents are encouraged to work closely with their children in selecting material that is consistent with personal and family values and boundaries.
- Please limit your time to 30 minutes and one/two children per computer at a time.