The Library offers a Mobile Makerspace for patrons to use. The Makerspace is a place for hands-on learning, creating, collaborating and inventing. Simply, it is a place to make things! The purpose of the Mobile Makerspace is to provide library patrons access to various technology and tools that support your education and personal goals and endeavors.
Equipment & Software Available
- 3D Printer by M3D
- VHS to Digital/DVD converter using Elgato Video Capture
- Silhouette Curio (allows etching, stippling and embossing)
- Silhouette Cameo
- Button maker
- Starter Sewing Machine
- Letter stamp kit
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 13
- Adobe Premiere Elements 13
The Mobile Makerspace is available by reservation. Patrons may reserve equipment for up to 1 week in advance for 2 hours per day. Reservations can be made in person, by phone, or by email.
The Mobile Makerspace is also available on the following drop-in dates: Saturday, February 27 from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- All Makers must complete a Release of Liability Agreement.
- All Makers must participate in a training with a librarian before using the Makerspace.
- Makers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver unless they are attending a Library-sponsored event,
- Behavior in the Makerspace must comply with the Library's Code of Conduct, Internet Access, and Public Internet Access policies.
- The Library provides consumable materials on a limited basis. Makers agree to avoid wasting supplies and materials.
- Only Library computers may be connected to Library equipment.
- 3D printer projects must be approvded by staff. Staff will run the 3D printer.
- Items used in the Makerspace must be returned in the same condition as they were issued.